"This is what adventure racing is really about. A true expedition experience that tests skills, mental toughness, teamwork, that is so much more than just a huge physical test."
Entries officially open on Thursday the 30th of November 2017 at 12pm Eastern Standard Time (UTC -5) and will close on the 8th of June 2018. All teams are encouraged to be proactive in getting their entries in or registering their interest as soon as possible. The organization reserves the right to close entries early.
On the 30th of November at 12pm a Button will appear on the Enter Now page which will facilitate entry to Primal Quest Edition 8 – British Columbia.
ENTRY PROCEDURE AND POLICY
To enter Edition 8 – British Columbia, one person per team (the ‘Team Administrator’) needs to complete the registration form on the Enter Now page. Teams do not need a complete team of four to enter. Entries will be processed once online registration is complete. However, a team spot is not secured until payment of the deposit or entire entry fee has been received. Overseas teams should enter immediately but will receive a 5 day grace period for payments due to the delay in international settlements.
Teams should follow the payment instructions on the Enter Now page carefully and include the unique 5 digit reference code on all payments. Failure to do so may lead to a $25 USD administration charge being added to the entry fee. Teams making international payments should email a bank confirmation or snapshot of their transfer details to Maria at email@example.com because international transfers do not usually include a reference code.
The Early Entry Discount ceases at 5pm EST, Wednesday 31st January 2018. To qualify for this discount the entire entry fee must be paid. After this time the Standard Entry Fee will apply regardless of the date the deposit was paid. The organization reserves the right to change entry details, team limits and to cancel any entry. To complete your entry and for more information please Enter Now.
All entry related questions should be directed to:
Contact: Maria Burton
Mobile: 416-571-3346 (international +1 416-571-3346)
Additional important entry information and pre-requisites for entering Primal Quest can be found on the Enter Now page.
|Entry Type||Deposit Payable||Balance Payable||Total Payable||Payment Deadline|
|Team: Early Entry Discount||$2000 USD||$6500 USD||$8500 USD||30th November 2017 – 31st January 2018|
|Team: Standard Entry Fee||$2000 USD||$6750 USD||$8750 USD||1st February 2018 – 8th June 2018|
|Entry Type||Deposit Payable||Balance Payable||Total Payable||Payment Deadline|
|Team: Early Entry Discount||$2000 USD||$4500 USD||$6500 USD||30th November 2017 – 31st January 2018|
|Team: Standard Entry Fee||$2000 USD||$4750 USD||$6750 USD||1st February 2018 – 8th June 2018|
Enter a Team
Please follow the instructions below to complete the entry procedure:
- Visit the Enter Now page
- Read the Important Information and Pre-Requisites of entry
- Fill out the form with the required information
- Tick the check box to say you have read the important information and pre-requsites of entry
- Press the Send button
- An email will be sent to teams detailing a code, password and where they can edit team details
- Keep a record of the unique 5 digit code (which should be used as the reference in all payments), login and password
- Make entry fee payment using the details provided below
- General team and individual competitor information may be submitted on registration or at a later date and may be changed any time up to two weeks before the events starts by using the above login and password
Making a Payment
To pay the deposit or balance of your entry fee follow the instructions below. Please note that we are unable to accept credit card payments
- Teams must pay all entry fees by bank transfer using the details in the table below
- Teams must use their Unique 5 Digit Code as the bank reference. Failure to do so may lead to a $25 USD administration charge being added to the entry fee
- Teams making international payments should email a bank confirmation or snapshot of their transfer details to Maria at firstname.lastname@example.org because international transfers do not usually include a reference code
- A tax receipt is available on request and will be emailed to the team administrator
|Bank Info||Direct Deposit, EPayment 121042882|
|Domestic Wires||Wire Routing Transit Number (RTN/ABA) 121000248|
|International Payments||SWIFT/BIC code WFBIUS6S|
|Bank Name||Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.|
|Bank Address||420 Montgomery, San Francisco, CA 94104|
|BNF/Field||4200 Beneficiary acct. # 8988712074|
|Beneficiary||Primal Quest, LLC 2366 GOLD MEADOW WAY STE 200 GOLD RIVER CA 95670-4471|
To help nurture the next generation of adventure racers there is a substantial discount of entry entry fees to any Primal Quest competitors who meet the criteria below:
- Competitors who are aged 23 or under on the 1st of June 2017, and in full time education will be eligible for a $500 USD discount on their portion of the entry fee
- Subsequent team personnel changes that require payment adjustments will be made at event registration
- Proof of Student ID will need to be emailed through to Maria at email@example.com
- All other conditions regarding payment dates and cancellations apply
What Primal Quest Provides
- A high quality expedition length adventure racing course
- Logistical support for event (varies depending on event entered)
- Kayaks and inflatable canoes
- On-site search and rescue teams for emergency first aid
- Special disciplines and equipment
- Team tracking and live race website
- Race maps and route book
- Primal Quest shirt or equivalent
- 2 Nights Accommodation
- Race Bib
- Post Event Awards, One of a Kind Medals, and Party Celebration!
Teams Need To Provide
- Travel to and from Event HQ (please see the International Teams page for transfer details)
- Pre and post race accommodation (variety available from camping to hotel)(PQ provides 2 nights all other nights are the teams responsibility)
- All items on the Mandatory Gear List not specifically provided by the Organizers
- Food and drink for the event
- Bike boxes and gear boxes as set out in the Newsletters (PQ Pure teams only)
- A support crew and vehicle if you have entered the PQ Pursuit event
- We highly recommend that you take out some form of insurance to cover your equipment during the event. The organisers will take no responsibility for any damaged or lost equipment during the event, regardless of fault or cause
Cancellation and Refunds
Teams may officially cancel their entry at any stage prior to the event by writing, calling or emailing the race organisers. The $2000 USD deposit that secures your entry is not refundable at any stage. Cancellation of a team entry after 28th February 2018, will only be refunded 50% of any monies paid over and above the deposit. Cancellations of team entry after 1st July 2018, teams will not be refunded any monies.
Teams are not permitted to transfer their deposit or any other fees paid to future editions of Primal Quest if they are not able to make Edition 8 – British Columbia.
Teams are permitted to transfer or sell their entry to another team if available. This will be a transaction between the teams and the event organisers will not, in general, facilitate putting teams in touch with each other. The team administrator must notify Keren at firstname.lastname@example.org if an entry has been transferred or sold.
If two teams do not have sufficient members and decide to join together, this will be strictly considered as one team cancelling their entry. Refund policy will be as stated above, no exceptions.
Teams are permitted to exchange their entry from the PQ Pure event to the PQ Pursuit event, or vice versa, if sufficient space exists and the event is not full. Teams who transfer their entry from the PQ Pursuit event to PQ Pure event will have to cover the increased entry fee which will be based on the timing of the payment in relation to the dates laid out above. If a team wishes to exchange their PQ Pure entry to a PQ Pursuit entry then teams are eligible for a refund of the price difference based on the same protocol of any other refund (in summary: prior to the 28th February full refund of difference; after 28th of February only 50% of difference refunded; after 1st of July no refund).
If any member of a team is deemed not competent enough to undertake the event whilst participating, the whole team will be disqualified and NO refund will be given. Details of expected competencies are be promulgated on this web site and in the Newsletters. However, it is a pre-requisite of entry that every competitor and team enters the event with their eyes wide open and that they have investigated the likely scenarios they will face during the race.
If the race is cancelled due to acts of god, natural disasters, terrorism or other reasons etc, the organisers will make every effort to refund as much of the entry fee as possible to all teams. However, all teams should be aware that any refunds will be made after event costs have been taken into consideration. Given the high number of fixed costs associated with organising the race teams should also be aware that any refund is likely to be minimal. The race will not be re-scheduled.